It provides cosmetic as well as therapeutic effects for the skin without causing any damage. Besides nourishing the skin, it also works as a cleanser, toner, and moisturizer.
2. What are its benefits?
- Minimising dark circles
- Repairing hyperpigmentation
- Getting rid of skin discolouration
- Treating blemishes and scars
- Brightening dull skin
3. How to apply?
- Begin with cleansing your face
- Take (2-3 drops) of Kumkumadi oil on your palm, apply over the face with fingertips and gently massage onto the skin until fully absorbed.
- Allow the Kumkumadi Oil to work overnight for the best results. Wash it next morning with a mild natural cleanser.
4. Which is the suitable skin type for this oil?
A. Oily skin
- Indian Barberry (Kaliyaka) reduces the production of skin lipids (or sebum), makes the oil perfect for unclogging pores, taming oily skin and preventing acne.
- The extract from the seed of Blue Lotus (Neelotpala) is also present in the oil which results in glowing skin by balancing oiliness and preventing breakouts.
- It is inadvisable to keep a thick layer of this oil at night. Reduce the number of drops to 1-2. Leave it on for one or two hours and then wash off with a mild cleanser.
Kumkumadi Oil is a natural moisturizer that uses Sesame oil as the base oil. It balances dry and rough skin by virtue of its Vata pacifying nature. Hence, it is useful for dry skin. You can increase the number of drops to 4-5 if your skin is dry.
C. Sensitive skin
For sensitive skin, patch testing is recommended. Start with less quantity for a shorter duration and gradually increase it.
4. When to use?
The best time to apply is at night. For dry skin apply overnight and leave. For oily skin use only 1-2 drops max.
During day time, Due to the presence of real Saffron, Kumkumadi oil is not suitable for use in the daytime always if you are planning to head out in sun. If used during the day, there is a high chance of getting a tan.